Ever felt that your car just didn't meet some of your driving needs sometimes? Well, it can get a lot better by just having a Surbo (air Suction-Turbo) added. The below gives you an idea of what the Surbo can do for your car.
1. The Surbo gives more torque over a wide rpm band. Torque means instant twist power, like when you wring wet clothes dry. The engine with Surbo on can accelerate briskly and sustain the acceleration to red line or beyond, all on half throttle or less. That means easier pickup, and fuel savings because you will press less on average.
2. The Surbo attains higher power (which is proportional to rpm multiplied by torque at that rpm). If your car starts slowing down the moment you hit 4000 rpm, maybe it's time to restore the power. The Surbo takes your engine back to red line easily and puts back some 50% of existing acceleration power based on rpm, assuming a red line of 6000 rpm. It also means that instead of travelling 40 metres, you travel 60 metres in the same gear in about the same time taken, given the quick flick of the tachometer when the Surbo is activated. That puts you a clear 20 metres ahead. Up the gears you will pull even further away from other cars as they start to slow down once they get to third gear. This is because these drivers have to press the accelerator more and more up the gears, and use up most of the vacuum from the manifold that air suction depends on. The Surbo, with its own suction power, uses less of the manifold vacuum to pull the air in, so extending power.
3. The Surbo assists hill climbing. Just going up the incline, activate
the Surbo for extra air compression to charge up the hill. This makes the Surbo useful for long hills like those at Seremban Heights in Malaysia. There it starts with just a moderate slope that attracts little attention, but after that there is a bend and a sharp uphill climb. Many drivers and cars are not prepared (for example, by picking the correct gear and charging up the slope with speed). The wide-band torque of the Surbo gives added flexibility. The driver can maintain a low rpm in a higher gear for longer, or he can shift down to use the high rpm power of the Surbo too. The Surbo is also useful for mountains like the Genting Highlands, where air density and hence oxygen content drops with altitude. For every 100 metres climbed, engine power falls by 1 percent. The Surbo when activated gives improved air density for efficient combustion.
Testimonial regarding Surbo's hill climbing assistance..
More details on how the Surbo improves hill climbing.
4. The Surbo assists the engine to overcome loads like the airconditioner. The low rpm power of the Surbo helps, as that is the region most weak vehicles are stuck in while trying to accelerate. Once the Surbo overcomes the load of the aircon, it can just power away up the revs, allowing gearchanges upwards and gaining speed, till the aircon is less of a problem.
5. The Surbo lets you carry more people or cargo, and in fact, use their mass. If their weight is moderate, you can just use the low rpm power band of the Surbo in a high gear. But if it is drastic like for commercial vehicles, you can shift into low gear and get the high rpm power to pull away (power=torque times rpm). The engine first pulls the total mass (of the vehicle plus the cargo and even the passengers) through an unchanged gear. At the moment when the Surbo is activated for its vortex (accelerator held still or slightly released), the total mass will still be moving forward, through the gear gap. That gives the engine a push from behind, to provide engine brake regeneration. (More details on How It Works ).
|The strength of the Surbo
comes from synchronising
body motion feedback with an
air pressure vortex towards the engine
6. The Surbo is good for long journeys in the shortest time. Where legal, you'll find that you may get to your rated top speed with less than full throttle, or you can be travelling constantly, say at 150kph with about half throttle.
7. The Surbo gives you confidence to overtake quickly. Especially long vehicles which have blind spots, or a whole convoy of vehicles unable to pass them.
8. The Surbo saves fuel too. Since cruising speed is a function of the top speed, and top speed has been raised with the Surbo, the engine needs to exert less effort on expressways. The result is fuel saved. Our customer feedback shows that the speed for maximum economy gets stretched from the usual 90 kph to 110 or 120 kph, despite greater wind resistance as speed increases. For example, a Surbo Civic ESi will do 12 km/l in town but 17 km/l at 110 kph.
Is that like a normal day in your driving? Or how fast you'd like your car to be? If it is, you might like to try the Surbo and see how much fun and useful it is with its power on demand.
Open day for all folks from Kota Kinabalu at Institute Technology Mara University. Surbo sales and installation will be conducted. Cars fitted with Surbo, Perodua Myvi & Proton Saga Blm, will be on show.
Venue : Likas Sport complex , Kota Kinabalu .
Date : 26th May ( Sunday ) .
Time : 7.00 am till 5.00 pm
First leader of exhibition : Mr. Suhaimi ( 014-9551375 ) . ( Mr. Suhaimi's Perodua Myvi 1.3 ( M ) ) ( Single Surbo )
2nd leader : Mr. Akasyah ( 014- 9551373 ) ( Proton Saga BLM 1.3 ( Twin Surbo M ) .